Elwood Middle School
We are so happy to be welcoming back our students who have elected to return to school 5 days a week! We are also pleased to be able to continue to offer our Hybrid and Fully Remote learning platforms as well. Our goal continues to be meeting the individual needs of our students in the EMS community.
Please be mindful that our return dates are contingent upon the arrival of the student desks we ordered. The original target arrival date, as per the company, was Friday, March 12. At this time, we learned that the delivery has been delayed to after school hours on Monday, March 15. This new delivery date delays our return by a few days for each grade level. While this is disappointing, it is not completely unanticipated as many schools seek additional desks to accommodate the return of additional students.
Students in 7th grade will return to full 5 day in-person instruction on Thursday, March 18.
- Students in 8th grade will return on Monday, March 22.
- We used this staggered approach in September and it was very helpful as it gave us the ability to observe and modify procedures while slowly increasing our capacity.
- Please see our updated Protocol Guide; all changes are highlighted in yellow.
- We ask for patience and understanding as we adjust to the large increase of students being picked up at the end of the day. We are increasing the amount of time for each dismissal group, without decreasing instructional time, to maximize efficiency. We will have all security available, including our Director of Security and our School Resource Officer, to ensure safety. They will also be observing our procedures for the first week and will make any suggestions, if needed, for adjustments. If we all adhere to the pick up schedule below, dismissal will be quick and efficient. It will also be respectful of the members of our community who live on Kenneth Ave.
- Dismissals from class is as follows by Last Name
- A-H: Dismissed at 2:50
- I-P: Dismissed at 2:58
- Q-Z: Dismissed at 3:05
Regular School Hours: 8:19 a.m. - 3:02 p.m.
478 Elwood Road
Elwood, NY 11731
Phone: (631) 266-5420
Health Office: (631) 266-5420 x2423
Attendance Office: (631) 266-5420 x2420
Principal: Dr. Christina Moran
Assistant Principal: Dawn Valle