Human Resources Department
Elwood Public Schools
100 Kenneth Avenue
Greenlawn, NY 11740
Phone: 631-266-5400 x1403
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Elwood Union Free School District does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origins, age, disabilities, or sexual orientation
in its educational programs or employment.
To view available teaching opportunities, please visit OLAS (On-line Application Systems).
For all other employment opportunities (permanent vacancies and substitute positions), please click here.
HR Support Staff Application Packet
HR Professional Application Packet
Location: Elwood is a small, suburban community
located in the Town of Huntington in western Suffolk County, New York.
Our school district includes parts of the Huntington Town postal
delivery areas of East Northport, Greenlawn, and Huntington. We are on
Long Island’s north shore, about 40 miles east of New York City. Elwood
is easily accessible via the Island’s network of highways, and offers
ready access to shopping, recreation, business, colleges, and
Community Profile: Upon arrival in Elwood, our central
location and easy accessibility yield to a lovely suburban community
that still retains the undertones of its rural heritage. Elwood’s high
school and middle school are located on a spacious, green campus
surrounded by fields, farms, and parkland. Our primary and intermediate
elementary buildings fill out our complement of schools. Stores and
shops line two streets in Elwood; the remainder of our community
consists almost exclusively of private homes. Elwood’s residents are
hard workers who have a giant investment in, and high regard for, their
public schools. Community interest centers on the schools. Sports,
plays, concerts, and art exhibits typify the myriad activities to be
Special District Features:
- Over 90% of Elwood’s high school graduates go to college.
- Our students consistently score well above national, state, and county averages on many standardized tests.
- We emphasize literacy and use whole language, basal, and phonetic approaches to reading.
- Our music program and band are exceptional
- We have child care programs in both elementary schools
- Our sports and co-curricular activity programs are comprehensive and we encourage all students to participate
- Working conditions – salaries, benefits, and educational climate – are excellent.
- We foster, encourage, and value staff and student creativity!
- Harley Avenue Primary School (K-2)
- James H. Boyd Intermediate School (3-5)
- Elwood Middle School (6-8)
- Elwood-John Glenn High School (9-12)
- Very competitive for the area
- Eligibility dependent upon hours of employment and specific employment unit
- Medical coverage: Empire Plan plus enhancements
- Available additional wrap-around medical plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Available comprehensive dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Tax-sheltered annuity plans
Credit union payroll deduction plans