Curriculum & Instruction:
Dr. Ellen Best-Laimit
Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum and Instruction
631-266-5400 ext. 222
Welcome to the Office of Curriculum and Instruction for the Elwood Public Schools. It is with great pleasure that I join the Elwood team in its mission to bring excellence in education to all students through high quality instructional programs.
Goals for the Office of Curriculum and Instruction encompass of the following:
- To implement best instructional practices in the classroom
- To use data analysis to improve student achievement
- To expand the use of instructional technology in the classroom
- To provide principals and teachers with high quality professional development opportunities which will enable them to expand their repertoire of skills
- To assist the faculty and community in understanding and implementing federal and state mandates
- To work with the community and faculty to investigate educational programs
The work of improving educational opportunities for students is accomplished through a variety of district-wide committees such as the Academic Cabinet and the Data Assessment Committee. Membership on these committees includes students, parents, teachers, board of education members, principals and teachers.
Through these vehicles, Elwood continues to provide students with high quality educational opportunities. It is our intent to educate the whole child and inspire in everyone a passion for life long learning in an ever changing world. As we progress through the school year, we welcome your input and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.